Monday, December 11, 2006

Smoky, Spicy Cheese-a-peño Log


Hi everyone. I haven't blogged in a while. There are lots of complicated robot reasons, but I'd rather not get into it now. Also, my camera is in the shop, so I had to take a photograph with my cell phone. :(

Anyway, I got a food processor for my birthday a few weeks ago and have been using it like crazy. I think this is the best kitchen gadget I could have hoped for.

My latest creation is a Smoky, Spicy Cheese-a-peño Log.

Here what you'll need:
  • 1/2 lb cheese - I used pepper jack.
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • a little milk or wine or dry sherry
  • chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • almonds
  • some parsley
I used my food processor, since I love it, but you can do a lot of this by hand.
  1. Grate the cheese. The food processor does it in about 1 second flat.
  2. Swap out the grater attachment and swap in the multi-purpose blade. Turn on the food processor and add in the cream cheese, butter, and a little liquid to get everything lubricated.
  3. Add in the chipotle peppers to adjust to the level of spicyness and color to your robo-liking. I used three peppers and a few tablespoons sauce. Make sure to scrape the sides periodically.
  4. Add in a handful of flat leaf parsley and let the food processor run for a few more seconds until theparsleyy is coarsely chopped.
  5. Scrape out the cheese, put in a covered container and refrigerate for an hour or two. This will firm up your ball, so you can form the log later.
  6. While the cheese is chilling, clean shit up, toast your almonds in the oven or on the stove, and chop them up in the food processor.
  7. Mince another handful of parsley.
  8. Remove the cheese from the fridge, and form it into a pepper shape. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. (Don't form into cheese phallus and make sure it looks jalepeño-like). Roll the bottom into the nuts. Roll the top in the parsley, stick parsley stem in the top, and admire your handiwork.
  9. Serve with pita chips.
  10. Accept compliments. Also accept the fact that you are the hit of the party. Everyone gather around Shawltron!
Leave me comments, send recipes and robot drawing! You can also email me at shawltron3k@umich.edu.

Love//Shawltron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home